Frequently Asked Questions
1. What contact information should I provide Mercer County Community College for M-Alert?
The MCCC M-Alert system stores up to 3 phone numbers for students and 4 phone numbers for faculty/staff -- including a cell phone number representing your text messaging device. The best emergency contact number is probably your mobile cell phone.
2. If I change cell phone providers but keep the same number, do I need to adjust my M-Alert contact information?
No. Once you have specified a particular phone number, it remains in the M-Alert system.
3. With a recorded voice call from MCCC M-Alert, the caller ID I see displayed is "609-570-3565." Who is this?
Whenever calling by M-Alert, MCCC will always display caller ID information. Please save this number on your cell phone as a contact (e.g., MCCC M-Alert) so that you can quickly recognize this number as the source of official incoming MCCC M-Alert calls.
4. I heard that my classmate received a voice message from MCCC M-Alert; but I did not. Why?
It is possible that we do not have your contact information loaded in the M-Alert system, or it may be inaccurate. Please contact Student Services at 609 570-3228. to verify your information.
5. I received an M-Alert message but missed the information. What should I do?
While on the call, you can replay the message by pressing the star key (*) at the end of the message. You may also check your e-mail to locate the link for that message.
6. I received an M-Alert message but it kept looping/repeating. Why?
The M-Alert system does its best to detect whether it has reached a live person or an answering machine. Sometimes loud ambient noises may cause the system to loop. If this happens, use the mute feature on your phone or move to a quieter location to prevent the message from looping or repeating.
7. I received an MCCC M-Alert message in my e-mail inbox, but when I clicked the link to play the message nothing happened. Why?
You may not have a default media player like Windows Media Player or Quicktime installed. Download one of these players from www.microsoft.com or www.apple.com and install it on your computer to listen to messages.
8. From what number will these text messages arrive from?
You will see "23177" as the 'sent from' number sending you the confirmation text message as well as all subsequent M-Alert messages. Please save this number on your cell phone as a contact (e.g., MCCC M-Alert) so that you can quickly recognize this number as the source of official MCCC M-Alert messages.