SOAR . . . Mandatory New Student Orientation
Welcome New MCCC Students!
We have concluded our New Student Orientations for Fall 2017. Please check this page in December for the Spring 2018 orientation session dates.
For your convenience, links for all orientation presentations can be found in the "SOAR Presentations" section on this webpage. Feel free to refer to these links throughout the semester.
Remember to obtain your MCCC Student Photo ID and parking decal from Security. You may also visit the Student Life & Leadership Department in SC 111 for a welcome packet.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at SOAR@MCCC.EDU or at 609-570-3435.
SOAR Webinar Recording
Student Orientation (pdf)
SOAR Student Companion Guide Booklet (pdf)
Parent Orientation (pdf)
Transfer Student Orientation (pdf)
The below paperwork is needed to obtain your
Student ID and Parking Decal.
Student ID: Class schedule and an additional form of ID
Parking Decal: Vehicle's Registration Card
IDs and Decals can be obtained at Security. Please give yourself additional time for this process
to be completed.
What's included in Orientation:
- Enrollment, Advising and Class Registration
- Obtain Student ID/Parking Decal
- Meet Staff, Faculty and Current Students
- Student Success Tips and Resources
- Student Portal/MercerOnline Overview
- Q&A, Campus Tour & Refreshments
Students registered for any online courses should also attend the Blackboard Information Session. View the schedule of upcoming sessions at www.mccc.edu/merceronline
New Student Checklist
Apply to Mercer
Take Placement test
Meet with enrollment Advisor
Register for classes
Pay for classes or financial aid
Get student ID
Meet your Coach
SOAR Webinar Resources
SOAR Webinar Meeting Room
Follow these instruction when you enter the webinar:
- On the date/time of the webinar, Click "Enter as Guest" option and type your name. The meeting room should be open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Click "Enter Room"
Contact Danielle Garruba for more information:
Email SOAR@MCCC.EDU or Call (609) 570-3435
* Registration and Student ID will be available
BEFORE evening sessions and AFTER morning sessions